Live Events is a versatile live blogging plugin that can be used to cover sports events, conferences, political elections, tv shows, movie openings and more.
What makes this plugin unique is the fact that is not limited to a single timeline of textual information, instead each event supports:
- An unlimited number of timeline sections where you can add textual content, images, videos, tweets, or custom HTML.
- An unlimited number of statistic sections to display live statistics. This feature is extremely useful for example with sports events to cover information such as the score of the match, general stats, offensive stats, and defensive stats.
- An unlimited number of comment sections to engage you, users.
Great attention has also been posed to make the plugin completely customizable and with the included 95 options you will be able to change every aspect based on your specific needs.
Your viewers will be able to receive the new entries of the timeline, updated statistics and the new comments submitted by the users automatically, without needing to refresh their browser.
Use the timeline sections to update your users about facts that happen in real-time, like the latest goal of a football match, the results of a political election, the scenes of an episode of your favorite tv show or the live commentary of a tech conference.
In a timeline you will not be restricted to include only text, the following elements can be included:
- Instagram Posts
- Advertising Elements
- Custom HTML
- And More…
Custom icons can also be associated with the timeline items, this gives you the following possibilities:
- The icons can be used to easily represent different categories of events. For example with football a ball icon can be used to represent the goals, a whistle icon can be used to represent fouls, etc.
- When a live commentary has multiple authors the icons can be used to display an image or an avatar of the specific person that is submitting the timeline item.
Use the statistic sections to display the statistics of the event, this feature has been specifically thought for sports events and it’s perfect to display and compare statistics with a sport like football, rugby, tennis and more.
The single statistics can be displayed as simple numeric values or also represented with horizontal bars based on your needs.
This plugin gives you the ability to add a live comment system in your events, so you can engage your users and grow your community.
All the submitted comments can be moderated from the back-end. You can also limit the number of comments that each user can submit or close specific comment sections when needed.
Consistency is a key principle in design and with the included 63 style options you will be able to:
- Automatically scale up and down the entire layout of the event
- Customize the color of each element displayed in the event
- Customize the typographic style of every single element displayed in the event
- Assign a custom responsive breakpoint that switches the layout of the event from Desktop Mode to Mobile Mode
- Customize the textual messages displayed in the event
- Determine which social network share icons should be displayed
- and more…
In terms of functionalities with the 32 advanced options you will be able to:
- Use the WordPress Transient API to save server resources when the events are updated live
- Determine the exact time between the requests sent to the server to update the events
- Allow access to the administrative pages of the plugin only to WordPress users with specific capabilities
- Customize the back-end pagination system
- Automatically limit the maximum number of comments that a user is able to submit in a time interval
This plugin can be used on a WordPress Network and supports both a Network Activation (the plugin will be activated on all the sites of your WordPress Network in a single step) and a Single Site Activation (your plugin will be manually activated on single sites of the network).
Live Events come by default in English and Italian if you want to translate the plugin in another language simply create a translation file or manually translate it with a multilanguage plugin.